Drawing for Passion


Each time I see a person painting or drawing I feel envious. I feel the same way when I hear someone play a musical instruments. There was a time when my mother broached up the idea of my learning the piano. I did not know where that idea came from, because we didn't have a piano at home and I never heard neither my parents talk about musical instruments. But I wasn't interested in cutting my playtime to accommodate piano lessons, so I declined. My parents did not push the subject, which made me happy. At around 10 years old, it was guitar lessons. My older brother was willing to teach me and his son who happens to be the same age I am and was in the same class I was. He was very interested. I was interested at first. But I found out that I needed to exert extra effort on account of my short fingers. I persevered for a while, until my fingers started hurting. So I stopped. I picked up the guitar again when I was in college and learned to teach myself. It was the "in" thing to do in college, so I learned to play 2-3 songs and played them over and over again. I even fooled others into believing I can really play.

Anyway, enough of sharing and I'll show you real talent.

The following four images are from my nieces' son, who have shown interest in sketching from an early age. I remember once we were playing Pictionary and he was about 3 years old he insisted he wanted to draw something too. He drew a car and did a marvelous job. He would always sketch something ever since I can remember, he's 16 now. Last year, we were having a little birthday party for a family member in a restaurant and he got bored I believe and started to draw instead of socializing with the oldies. I was nosy and confiscated the napkins where he made his drawings and took a picture for posterity. I'd like to think he has talent and if he's willing to work hard at this, he probably can find something to do later on. After all, he's already passionate about it.

2012_02_21 023

2012_02_21 021

2012_02_21 024

2012_02_21 022

At a street festival last year, I met my husband's co-worker's daughter at the little table they have. My friend, the mother, makes jewelries which she sells at street fairs. The daughter apparently can draw. I'm sure these characters are famous, but I'm not familiar with any of them. Are they anime? The drawings were really good that we bought one which we haven't framed yet, but I think she has potential to make her passion a means of living. I wish her well.

10489_527100347305588_1389326004_n
The artist and her works.

OUR WORLD TUESDAY

Comments

  1. She is good, and your nephew is as well. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nieces' son has a great style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, both are great artist. Your niece's son is very creative. Thanks for sharing your world today. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're lucky digital cameras exist nowadays. It's indeed for posterity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good they have someone like you to encourage them with their talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am like you when young, had stints also with the guitar and anything done by the hand. My problem is after learning how it is done, my passion wane, so the end of it.

    Your found talent is just like my niece who is now 17, use free hand in doing those anime and she makes lots of font styles amazingly. However, that talent can earn a living in your area, but not here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wish art (and music) was pushed in school as much as sports. Can you imagine where some of our youth would be today if more emphasis were put on all the talents out there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your nephew is very talented. he has a very good imagination. i say nurture the talent. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so relate with you about cutting play time to practice piano lessons. But I literally had to do it... do I play the piano now, I've never really touched one since the day I stopped. :P

    These kids are talented. I think your friend's daughter draws Manga characters -- quite big in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice, I also wish I could draw. I know a couple of the characaters in that street fair - the ones in the upper right are Link and Zelda, from a video game series (I'm a video gamer, but know nothing about anime).

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are very talented, nice drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You managed a MWT post! Good. I'm still working out the kinks!
    Cheers from Cottage Country!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very expressive works! They are very talented!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment