Humans of Venice

Venice is one of the top destinations in the world. All kinds of travelers - backpackers, honeymooners, cruisers, art aficionados, etc - can be found on the streets of Venice. It was the people that got my attention as much as the dazzling architecture, the charming canals, the alluring bridges, the sumptuous cuisine, the magnificent churches.

“I love the people I photograph. I mean, they’re my friends. I've never met most of them or I don’t know them at all, yet through my images I live with them.” – Bruce Gilden.

venice and greece 438

venice and greece 443

venice and greece 441

IMGP9051

“Most of my photos are grounded in people, I look for the unguarded moment, the essential soul peeking out, experience etched on a persons face.” Steve McCurry

greece and venice 2014 784

greece and venice 2014 787

greece and venice 2014 714

greece and venice 2014 711

“I really don’t have any idea about photography, but I take pictures.” – Alex Majoli

venice and greece 518

venice and greece 535

venice and greece 191

"The marvels of daily life are exciting; no movie director can arrange the unexpected that you find in the street.” – Robert Doisneau

venice and greece 963

venice and greece 970

venice and greece 966

venice and greece 969

Today I'm sharing with you my world of street photography and people watcher.

OUR WORLD TUESDAY.



Comments

  1. Very nice people photos, so spontaneous and enjoyable; nice quotes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the accompanying quotes with your pictures. Very appropriate. Personally I don't like taking pictures of strangers. I don't like it when there is a beautiful scenery and there are people in the picture hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've totally nailed it, Maria. I want to learn from you because this inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really fun shots of people! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A slice of humanity captured so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome series of people shots. And the quotes are wonderful too. Have a happy day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful series of human interest shots! Great!

    Happy Week to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice photos! I like the one with the smiling faces :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You took great photos of street people watcher. Love to see them!

    The orange flowers hanging on the tree on the first image is named in Portuguese, "Flor-de-São João".
    I did many posts about them. It is named Flame Vine, (Pyrostegia venusta).These orange flowers, considered invasive, is a woody climber that climbs with its tendrils. Popularly known as Fleur-de-Saint-John and Cipo-de-Saint-John, almost all native to Brazil, is found in roadsides, ravines and fences. They begins to bloom in May and runs until September, varying in each state of Brazil. It has medicinal properties and toxic too. Please go to Categories, click on label "Flame Vine" and you can see many others posts about them.
    The orchild is a wild orchild that grow in that tree.
    Thanks for the visit and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shots of people - such a variety in this city!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your people photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice collection of peoples portraits on the streets (or water in the case of venice). I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos of beautiful people of Venice. Every face has a story to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos of beautiful people of Venice. Every face has a story to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  15. slowly building up my courage to take photos of people
    these are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. love your use of quotes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. lol, that´s a great collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great series! I too like capturing people's mood and activities.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am not so fond of photographing people, but have always been looking at the beauties of your people photos. You're good, have always been telling you that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am not so fond of photographing people, but have always been looking at the beauties of your people photos. You're good, have always been telling you that.

    ReplyDelete
  21. sometimes too much sightseeing drains you down and people photography is a way of diversion.
    i love this series!
    i'm about to post my madrid shots too, just waiting for my sipag moment to kick in. hehe. ^0^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment