New California Laws effective 7/1/07
1. Carpool lane - 1st time $1068.50 starting 7/1/07 (The $271posted on the highway is old). Don't do it again because 2nd time is going to be double. 3rd time triple and 4th time license suspended.
2. Incorrect lane change - $380. Don't cross the lane on solidlines or intersections.
3. Block intersection - $485
4. Driving on the shoulder - $450
5. Cell phone use in the construction zone. - Double fine as of07/01/07. Cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving.
6. Passengers over 18 not in their seatbelts - both passengers anddrivers get tickets.
7. Speeders can only drive 3 miles above the limit. (no more 10%of posted speed limit grace)
8. DUI = JAIL (Stays on your driving record for 10 years!)
9. As of 07/01/07, cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving. Ticket is $285. They will be looking for this like crazy - easy money for police department.