Gaudi's Gaudy Guell Part One


Park Guell is a magical place. I have never been to anywhere like it. I've never been to a park where I have to climb up a hill just to get to the entrance.

On this first part, I will show a part of the park called the wave portico. I don't have to say anything else, just enjoy the pictures.

I knew nothing about this park, except that we penciled it in our itinerary after my husband remembered seeing it in one of the Spanish movies we have seen. I can't remember which foreign movie it was (we love foreign movies), but apparently the movie made more of an impression to my dear than it did to me. But I am very thankful that he remembered this place.


For more information, check this out, or this, or this.

You probably have guessed that this Barcelona series is not a chronologically presented. And I'm sorry that I did that. It was lack of foresight on my part.

Comments

  1. oh that's why its called "wave portico" coz its slanted. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a strange and maginificent place! i was going to ask if it was really slanted, but then the question was already answered by princess_dyanie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superbes images.
    Je découvre ton blog par hasard, dans un de mes “tours de blogs amis de mes amis”
    C´est très intéressant. Je reviendrai sans doute parce que j´aime la photographie comme tu peux voir sur mon propre blog, mais tout à fait amateur.
    Amitiés
    Elisa, Argentine

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wont mind the climb as long as i have great views such as the ones you showed here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally a MUST to see ifever you're in Barcelona, Maria. I'm so glad you were able to see it with your own eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember this park... it is really magical !

    ReplyDelete
  7. no, the short tour was magnificent even without the explanations. I've been seeing a lot of posts reg. park guell lately, but believe me, i never get bored. this place like gaudi's la sagrada, always fascinates me. ^0^
    i love foreign movies too, ^-^ but the first time i saw the slanted porticos was on america's next top model. hehe. ^0^

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's a cool structure. it's just great to see such kind of structure and how these people were able to build them

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome awesome place. i like how it gives a mix of nature's best resources mixed with great artworks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow great place and beautiful captures.
    A must on my list.
    Thank you for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a very interesting place. Very unique building with very nice façade.

    Have a good weekend.

    Alexander
    Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought I was dizzy - Gaudi truly knows how to create a visual experience with the wave portico!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fine and enjoyable pictures of the Park Guell. It looks like a magical place indeed. The wave portico is astonishing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. strange and unique formations but incredibly pretty !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment