Lunch Date

I eat my lunch in my office most days. On very rare occasions that my husband takes a day off and I'm working, he treats me to a "lunch date", which consists of banh mi (Vietnamese sub sandwich) and a walk around Lake Merrit, which is only a 5-minute drive from my work.

Lake Merritt in Oakland is "A unique fresh and salt-water lake, the largest such lake located within an urban area consisting of 3.4 miles around the circumference of the lake, covering 155 acres of land. The depth of Lake Merritt varies upon how much water is allowed to filter in from the Estuary and upon rain water intake." [source]

The Lake is popular for walkers especially during lunch time where office workers from around the lake come and enjoy the California sun. There are plenty of restaurants around the lake as well.

october 007
Spotting an empty bench and a parking lot is the challenge.

october 008
The Lake is also called the Jewel of Oakland.

october 009
A little piece of heaven in the middle of busy city.

october 015
The trail that goes 3.4 miles around the lake.

Lake Merritt
This is Lake Merritt in the twilight after a happy hour date with friends in one of the restaurants around the lake.

This is my entry for this week's WATERY WEDNESDAY, hosted by 2sweetnsaxy.

Comments

  1. Relaxing place to be. Very peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Loved the last one with the sunset! have a nice day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a beautiful place to enjoy your lunch. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely little lake. I enjoyed the photos, and the lunch date idea sounds wonderful.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful views, I enjoy them very much.
    About your question: the Caffè Platti, which first opened its doors in 1870, is in the town center and is renowned in Turin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. i won't mind working near there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no clue of its existence, Maria! The things I'm learning from you about a state I lived in for 12 years. But it IS big...my excuse. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving my 'tour' days out with you in these series. And another fine set here too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bottom shot is wonderful! Great reflections and beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish we had something like this around my office. And that last shot is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As usual beautiful and exciting photos. I just wonder why those birds are all looking at the same direction!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ganda-ganda naman dyan! Lucky you, lapit lang ng lugar na yan sa office mo.

    Last photo is postcard quality.

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice place and view. I would also eat lunch there too. sana may ganyan din dito. very relaxing esp kung masyadong stressful sa ofc.

    ReplyDelete
  14. now i know why parking space poses problems.
    nothing but idyllic view amidst the busy life.
    stunning pictures. ^-^
    and just 5 mts from work?!
    i wanna be there too. ^0^

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved your shots, so postcard-like!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment