Roadtrip to Pacific Northwest: Multnomah Falls


Day 4

Day 4 of the road trip saw us making a turn around and ready to head back to California. Today we left Seattle after breakfast and took the long drive to Eugene, Oregon - our home for the night. By lunch time, we were picnicking by Multnomah Falls.

We visited Multnomah Falls a decade ago. We have been meaning to revisit for years, but not until last summer did the opportunity presented itself. The place changed a bit from the last time. It was so much more crowded now and because of the crowd, I did not enjoy the visit this time as much as I had the first time.

The falls itself, however, was as beautiful as I imagined it. The magic of the place is still there. I hope to visit again, in the off season, and hopefully get to hike up there like we've been hoping we would.

In the mean time, we took as many photos as we could.

2017 08 24_pentax_9273

2017 08 24_pentax_9277

2017 08 24_pentax_9279

2017 08 24_pentax_9282

2017 08 24_pentax_9330

2017 08 24_pentax_9327

2017 08 24_pentax_9303

2017 08 24_pentax_9318

2017 08 24_pentax_9315

2017 08 24_pentax_9311

2017 08 24_pentax_9297

2017 08 24_pentax_9293

2017 08 24_pentax_9304

We did pretty well avoiding arms and heads of people in our photos, didn't we?

OUR WORLD TUESDAY

Comments

  1. They look huge! quite a sight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, this was one of my favorite waterfalls along the Columbia Gorge. Your photos are beautiful.
    Thanks for the memories. Enjoy your day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing waterfalls and you captured them so well ~

    Happy Day to you,
    C & Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place. I love mountains and waterfalls. These are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so tall and huge! Where are you when you shoot the bridge with the falls? Are there 2 bridges and did you also go there to the bridge. I might not be able to do that, my height and depth problems might kill me! I am so envious of your travels again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous shots of the falls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love beautiful waterfalls and this one is gorgeous. Thanks for the many great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The waterfalls are truly majestic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This makes me smile....I live only 10 minutes from these gorgeous falls. I, too, despair at the crowds. Currently you can't go up to the bridge - much of this area is closed due to last fall's forest fire.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful area - I love the Pacific Northwest. Lovely shots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow amazing pics. Awesome waterfalls.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous falls, a spectacular site to see

    ReplyDelete
  13. We visited here with the kids many years ago, and it is a very special place indeed. Yes, there is an art to photography at sites that are popular, and you did well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Multnomah Falls is such a beauty. We visited in November a few years ago and it wasn't too crowded, I guess because of the weather. It was pretty cold and the famous rainy season of the Pacific Northwest was already 'ON.'
    We'd like to do that drive by the Columbia River one more time, and go further east next time.

    Beautiful pictures. I so enjoyed them. Thank you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Any time I've travelled through Washington State and Oregon, I've been with someone determined to get to California in record time. Your photos have taken me through unfamiliar places with familiar names and much beauty! Thank you.
    Kay
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment