Used by Lewis and Clark on display at Columbia Gorge Discovery Center and Museum at The Dalles, Oregon. The exhibit called Cargo includes 30 tons of supplies and equipment that are used in the Lewis and Clark Expedition.
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Saturday, July 14, 2007
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Monday, July 09, 2007
On game day, kayakers take their position at McCovey Cove, perpetually hopeful for a Barry Bonds splash hit (home run that hits the water). This was taken two hours before game time, a solo kayaker was spotted patrolling the bay, probably staking out the best spot.
Sunday, July 08, 2007
The city of San Francisco and the San Francisco Giants host this year's mid summer classic. From July 6-10 at the Moscone Center, there will be an All-Star festival. The five-day celebration culminates with the All-Star Game itself on July 10.
I have some old Giants photos that I will be posting in connection with this. Here' s one.
Thursday, July 05, 2007
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Sunday, July 01, 2007
New California Laws effective 7/1/07
1. Carpool lane - 1st time $1068.50 starting 7/1/07 (The $271posted on the highway is old). Don't do it again because 2nd time is going to be double. 3rd time triple and 4th time license suspended.
2. Incorrect lane change - $380. Don't cross the lane on solidlines or intersections.
3. Block intersection - $485
4. Driving on the shoulder - $450
5. Cell phone use in the construction zone. - Double fine as of07/01/07. Cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving.
6. Passengers over 18 not in their seatbelts - both passengers anddrivers get tickets.
7. Speeders can only drive 3 miles above the limit. (no more 10%of posted speed limit grace)
8. DUI = JAIL (Stays on your driving record for 10 years!)
9. As of 07/01/07, cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving. Ticket is $285. They will be looking for this like crazy - easy money for police department.