New Orleans: Garden Wedding at the City Park
Like so much of the land around these parts, this used to be a sugar plantation operated by the Allard Brothers, Robert and Louis. They went bankrupt and the property foreclosed. It was bought by philantrophist John McDonogh in 1945 and left the plantation to the cities of New Orleans and Baltimore (his birth city). New Orleans acquired the Baltimore portion in 1854.
It's a big park, we only planned on driving around to take pictures of the majestic oak trees. Later on, I read that in this park is the largest stand of mature live oaks which includes the grand oak that dates back 800 years. They are simply incredible.
As we drove deeper into the park, we stumbled upon a wedding that was just about to start. What a perfect location for an intimate wedding. I felt so joyful.
The moment was so beautiful. I left the park teary-eyed.
OUR WORLD TUESDAY.
SIGNS, SIGNS.
Another great post!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.
ReplyDeleteGreat shots in the park. It does look ideal for a wedding.
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful park and I do love the trees! Terrific captures! And I agree with Carver, a perfect place for a wedding! Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful park. I love those big old trees. And a beautiful setting for a wedding.
ReplyDeleteSuch a nice place to celebrate love
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful setting for a wedding. I wonder where the other guests were?
ReplyDeleteThose giant oaks made a perfect canopy for the wedding. May they enjoy a very long married life.
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty spot for a wedding. I love the trees, great captures!
ReplyDeleteThe big old oaks are like a cathedral. Perfect place for a wedding. What good fortune to stumble upon one!
ReplyDeleteThose oaks are amazing, and to think of all the hurricanes they must have survived. And to see a wedding underneath them!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a wonderfully romantic place.
ReplyDeleteThat's a wonderful place...
ReplyDeleteNice place to visit, I think we are closer to that park now ;-)
ReplyDeleteMarvellous, stately trees. What a wonderful place to say "I do".
ReplyDeleteBeautiful indeed!!
ReplyDeleteDearest Photo Cache,
ReplyDeleteAmazing place to have a wedding and blessing to the couple(*^_^*)
Sending you lots of love and hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*
Wonderful shots from such an interesting place.
ReplyDeleteLive Oaks are breathtakingly beautiful; and what a wonderful place for a wedding.
ReplyDeletehow amazing is that to get married under those majestic oaks, impressive
ReplyDeletecome and link up with us on Travel photo Mondays....
Ohhhh. How serendipitous, Maria. That happens to us a lot here in Dutchland, so I know how special the thrill is. May their joy together be as lasting as those mighty oaks!
ReplyDeleteLove all the Spanish Moss. Great place.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely place for an outdoor wedding!
ReplyDelete~Lindy @ Drive-By Photos
I love those oak trees! So gorgeous, especially with the Spanish Moss hanging from them!
ReplyDeleteA beautiful area. Those trees are impressive!
ReplyDeleteI can't think of a better spot for a wedding!
ReplyDeleteThe tree lined walkways are spectacular! A wonderful venue for a wedding or any other kind of special celebration!
ReplyDeleteThese Botanic Gardens look like they have something for everyone from nature to art to amusements!
ReplyDeletespectacular setting for a wedding!
ReplyDeletelots of history in those signs.
Oh my, what a perfect place for a wedding! I wish them a long, beautiful life together, whoever they are.
ReplyDelete