More Barcelona Photos

Our hotel's central location to Las Ramblas made it impossible to need the metro in our exploration. What we cannot reach by foot, we used the local bus in going around town. Look at us daring to be and act like locals.

What did we do and see?

barcelona montserrat marseilles 2014 152
Options, options, options.

barcelona montserrat marseilles 2014 148
MNAC


barcelona montserrat marseilles 2014 163
Not this time.

Shots from Parc Muntjuic, hilltop views.

barcelona montserrat marseilles 2014 177

barcelona montserrat marseilles 2014 183

barcelona montserrat marseilles 2014 182

barcelona montserrat marseilles 2014 203

barcelona montserrat marseilles 2014 166
Hubs looked photogenic while waiting for the bus.

barcelona montserrat marseilles 2014 205
The bullfighting arena is now converted into stores and restaurants. It was too tempting sitting across the street from where we were waiting for the bus, that we decided to cross the street and have a little snack.

barcelona montserrat marseilles 2014 207
I believe the bottom floor of the arena is food court. We chose Gustos restaurant.

IMG_20141027_112653_296
Gustos was where we had our paella, among other dishes.

While the call of shopping was strong, we could only manage to check out the grocery store, also located in the same floor as the food court. We managed to buy some packaged goodies, ham and cheese of course, for friends and family back home.

Later we had to move on to the next destination, which was Parc Guell, which captured our imagination and adoration on first visit. We would like to see it again and maybe see the parts of the park that we failed to see the last time. However, it was getting so late in the day that we didn't have much light to do photography.

IMG_20141027_125751_828

IMG_20141027_124733_808-EFFECTS

IMG_20141027_125528_219

IMG_20141027_125634_384

IMG_8189
We stayed long after the sun went down, listened to an ambulant musician playing a foreign instrument, playing original music from Tibet, or Nepal I cannot remember. But the music so moved us that we bought a CD of his collection. You just have to support local artists, plus the music was really great.

OUR WORLD TUESDAY

Comments

  1. Great sets of images from the city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, gorgeous views of the city! The paella looks delicious! Great photos, thanks for sharing your trip! Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating shots ~ all wonderful! ~ Favorite is the night shot!

    Happy Week to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an attractive city - one I'd definitely like to visit. The hilltop shots show how big it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria, i am so envious again of your trip, havent been to Spain. The city is so dense with buildings that in our local dialect it is like "hindi mahulugang karayom", grabe sikip tingnan. But the photos are terrific as usual, i love most the last one. I suppose you didn't bring a tripod, so put on a ledge! How lovely it would be to join your escapades, oh how i wish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice! It's definitely somewhere I'd love to visit, my mum's grandfather was from Spain, Buenos Aires to be exact :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow that paella looks yummy. I love paellas. What a treat to have it in the place where it originates. Nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, impressive cityscapes. I think the city has grown a bit since I visited it - way back in 1967... at age 11... Not that I remember much except feeling very small standing in the street looking up at the cathedral... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifu Spain and Barceona. I love love that beautiful cathedral

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifu Spain and Barceona. I love love that beautiful cathedral

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifu Spain and Barceona. I love love that beautiful cathedral

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Nice Barcelona photos. Looking at Sagrada Família,I remembered my trip to Spain. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Nice Barcelona photos. Looking at Sagrada Família,I remembered my trip to Spain. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely shots. The Sagrada Familia really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. An interesting series. I liked the detail of the local businesses. The cityscapes were very good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how Parc Güell looks at night.
    so enchanting! ^0^
    Interesting food galore inside The Arena.
    I miss BCN in a heartbeat but not the hordes of tourists * like me*. ^0^

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful city! I didn't realize how big a City it is! Food looks good too, what's not to love!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Barcelona is so beautiful. Gaudi is the main reason why I want to go there! (Btw, I laughed at the comment above saying BA is in Spain LOL Sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What I love about cities in Europe? Most of it are walkable. Not like where I live now. :p
    That paella looks divine!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment