First Half of 2020 According To My Camera Roll


Raise your hand if you agree with me that the first 6 months of 2020 felt both long and short. Long in the sense that two major tragic events that captured my attention - the raging wildfires of Australia and the sudden death of NBA legend Kobe Bryant - happened only this January, but both seemed like ages ago. The year felt short because it seemed like we all just blinked and then suddenly it's July. Where did the rest of the year go? We don't know. We were all cooped up inside our house making banana breads, sewing masks from old tee-shirts, and binge watching Netflix/Prime.

Anyway, photographically I have few shots and for good reason. Still I'd like to share with you what has been in the first half of 2020.

2020 IN PHOTOS

Nothing best describes the pandemic in the USA than the great toilet paper shortage. So when after a few weeks of coming home empty-handed I felt victorious when I finally was able to snag my very own Costco-sized package of toilet paper. So happy that I immediately shared it on IG.

Have any of you ever cleaned/washed your refrigerator magnets? We did during this quarantine. One good thing that happened as a result of extra time home.

In the spring, I had a bumper crop of roses, which gave me so much joy that kept my mind away from despair due to the pandemic.

On days when I wasn't dressed for Zoom meetings, my co-worker subbed for me.

Finally after years of just talking about it, we got a vegetable garden.

We had a lot of chard from the garden.

And just enough zucchini for our own use. Not photographed are sugar snap peas and cherry tomatoes that are so sweet.

My husband found time to make shingara, which is a Bengali samosa.

We received the sweetest quarantine care package from our friends who love to make empanadas. Yummy!

On weekends, we occasionally take short drives to break monotony, especially when it's too hot to work in the garden.

We drove to the city to get some take-out dimsum in our regular spot in Chinatown.

Anyone ever use the telescopic cell phone camera lens? Well I bought a couple of them, one each for the hubs and I. We tried it out on a drive to Sonoma County. This is the result of using the lens. We were driving at over 65 mph on the freeway and this was what got captured. Not so bad isn't it?

I have itchy feet now. I want to go out in places like Lake Tahoe, but still the anxiety is there.

How about you? How has the first half of 2020 been for you?

Comments

  1. You captured my sentiments about the first half of 2020. Your photos are gorgeous and your vegetable garden did so well. Hardly any veggies I planted even germinated. My flowers did a bit better but we've had so much rain since late April and the temperatures are still on the cooler side. Today look like sun and maybe the week ahead too. I want to travel but I don't want to mix with people so I probably should stay home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, 2020 so far has been unlike any other year. I think the toilet paper hoarders were the weirdest. Your veggie garden looks nice. I love chard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope we never have another year like 2020 (so far!) Sounds like you've accomplished a lot. More than I have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly have the impression that I hibernated this year. from time to time, when I open my eye, it's already few months passed. congratulations on your garden. the produce look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This year will surely be unforgettable (although I might wish otherwise!)
    Please come share you photos at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/07/sunflowers-beauty-on-stem.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww...photo taken with over 65 mph speed is excellent.....
    Thank you for sharing beautiful pictures.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read about people in other countries going bonkers with toilet paper and other household stuff, crazy really. Wasn't too bad here but the supermarkets did impose limits on items.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment