NV/AZ/UT Roadtrip: Capitol Reef NP, part 1

We came down from the mountain and the snow/blizzard turned into rain. Then the scenery turned into interesting rock formations. I was in awe even more, and we haven't entered the park yet. This trip was turning out to be more than I expected with the wow factor. My jaw was forever on the car floor. I whispered to myself that this was going to be my favorite park among the ones we visited and about to see in this road trip even before I entered the park. It's just one of those things that hit you and you realized why I haven't heard of this park before this trip? The view was too much to just be content with shooting from a moving vehicle, so we pulled over and got out of the vehicle to shoot despite the rain and the biting cold.

Since the weather did not lend itself to any activity other than drive through, we decided we had to take the scenic drive. Prior to the trip we found out that there is a scenic drive that is 20 miles round trip and that's what's on the agenda for this day. But before that we stopped at the visitor center to see what else can be seen in the park when it rains, and also to use the restrooms. I'm not so sure since the trip was taken in 2019, but I remember vaguely that there was an extra fee to drive the scenic road.

Despite the rain that came down continuously, boy, it was a spectacular drive through all these towering rock formations. I could only imagine the formations with blue sky backdrop and how much more breathtaking the photos would be. At certain spots we had to pull over and get out to shoot. There were few cars driving the route that time, probably due to the rain, so we were able to pull over any spot we wanted. This is a good read and a guide when you want to take the Scenic Drive. 2019 05 27_canoneos_0520 2019 05 27_canoneos_0533 IMG_20190527_103113 IMG_20190527_103122 2019 05 27_canoneos_0544 IMG_2720 IMG_2722 IMG_20190527_104417 IMG_2729 IMG_20190527_104633 IMG_2731 IMG_2742

I beg indulgence in serving this day in bite-sized pieces. Too many photos to fit into one post.

Comments

  1. great scenes - I can see why you stopped for photos and I thank you for sharing your ride

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photographs. I love the red rocks of the southwest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Those red structures! <3
    Thank you for the sneak peek at Capitol Reef NP. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've driven through areas of Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah - very scenic. Don't think I've been through Chimney Rock though. Amazing photos - there is nothing like the beauty of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome place and fantastic photos ~ nature's gem ~

    Moment by moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A CreativeHarbor)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Spectacular vistas! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW. The rocks look amazing! Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that part of the US is simply magnificent. beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We were planning on a AZ/UY\T trip last MayCovid gad other ideas, so
    I appreciate your photos especially!
    Thanks for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/01/the-rest-of-indoor-herb-garden.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful photos. And what a wonderful area.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great trip!
    Magnificent places!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello,

    Gorgeous landscapes and photos. It is a beautiful scenic drive. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh! So spectacular! I loved all your photos. I often hear that Capitol Reef is overlooked by those going to Zion or Arches, but it looks fabulous! I'm so jealous as we hoped to go to Utah in 2020 and visit all three national parks. Of course covid made us sty home. I really do hope to visit all three parks in the next few years. so close, but yet so far...

    ReplyDelete
  14. that´s a beautiful place I still have to visit. Such beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a place I really want to visit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment