America, The Beautiful!

Today is a holiday, no work day, because yesterday was Independence Day or better known as Fourth of July holiday and since it fell on Sunday, we have Monday off. I had nothing in the draft for posting today or I hadn't had any idea at all what to post except that suddenly just now I thought showing you some of America's beautiful sights as captured by me. To be perfectly honest though, in my nearly 30 years of residency in this beautiful and humongous country, I have visited not seen much of it. In fact, I have visited more countries than states, an error I intend to correct one of these days.

Anyway, there is no question that this country that I now call home is filled with beautiful scenes, from shining sea to tall redwoods and everything in between.

2014 Memorial Day Roadtrip 866

Yosemite in wintter (California).

2014 Memorial Day Roadtrip 484

Mesmerizing Lake Tahoe (California).

2013_07_16 051

The majestic sequoias of California.

IMG_20180504_131605512

The paradisiacal Hawaiian islands.

2017 08 24_pentax_9292

The spectacular Multnomah Falls of Oregon.

2016 08 10_pentax_0953 The wide sandy beaches and warm waters of Florida.

IMG_0825

The breathtaking Tracy Arm fjord of Alaska.

IMG_0816

Finding a peaceful spot in chaotic NYC.

LAS VEGAS 2014 871

The jawdropping landscape of Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada

Sunset Glow Over Golden Gate From Marine Headlands

And of course, the view that is closest to my heart, one that I never tire of seeing - the very inviting Golden Gate of San Francisco.

I did not include the incredible sceneries in Utah because I am still currently running aseries on a road trip about that.

Comments

  1. It has such diverse scenery, it would take a lifetime to see it all. Fabulous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pics. Loved the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remarkable places - I remember arriving in Yosemite at night, under a full Moon. It was one of the most remarkable things I have seen.

    Hope all is well - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a bit the same idea for July 4! But your pictures are better! Happy July.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic shots. What a beautiful look at America and a great idea for independence day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment