NV/AZ/UT Road Trip: Scenes Along The Way

I read somewhere that road trips are made for journeys, not destinations. That rings so true to me. I always love the journey, sometimes a bit more than the destinations. However, on this road trip, the line separating the journey and destination seemed to be blurred and one melded into the other; everywhere seemed to be the destination.

Like on the drive from Natural Bridges National Monument to our hotel for the night in the town of Monticello. How scenic was the drive that we savored every moment of the car ride. We did not stop to take photos, because I have somehow mastered the art of drive-by-shooting, in my very humble opinion that is.

IMG_20190529_174217

IMG_20190529_174156

IMG_20190529_175921

IMG_20190529_180057

IMG_20190529_180102

The very next day, Day 6, we were leaving Utah for Arizona. This was our Monument Valley day - the very one destination I was MOST excited about. I have always wanted to see Monument Valley. To me, it represents the American West and all its glory.

Leaving the hotel after breakfast, we made a brief stop at nearby Canyon County Discovery Center to look at exhibits and get a bit of education. However, the place was still close, so we may have arrived way too early. To salvage the stop, we thought we’d get out of the car and stretch the legs before another long drive.. From here, there’s a nice view of the snow-capped mountain, so naturally we took photos.

IMG_20190530_081441

IMG_20190530_081320 (1)

IMG_3261

IMG_20190530_081556

2010 01 01_pentax_9788_edited-1

The drive was about 2 hours long, but pretty scenic, as you can imagine. There was a point where we found out while I was plyaing with my phone that there’s a spot called Four Corners Monument, the only place where four states Arizona, Utah, Colorado and New Mexico meet. Unfortunately, by the time we chanced upon this Google find/trivia we had gone way past it. What a pity. It would have been pretty awesome to stand on the four corners - you’re in four states at one time.

2010 01 01_pentax_9833_edited-1

IMG_3253

IMG_20190530_091356

IMG_20190530_093614

IMG_20190530_093643

IMG_20190530_093504

IMG_20190530_093458

IMG_20190530_093434

IMG_20190530_093700

IMG_20190530_100900

And finally, we arrived at the most anticipated spot (for me). Post coming up next.

Comments

  1. The journey looks amazing with those huge skies against the red foreground. Look forward to seeing the destination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent sky blue shots and wonderful photo tour with you ~ Xo

    Living in the moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the desert southwest. Such great vistas and you captured that perfectly. You have indeed mastered the art of drive by photography.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your reflective photos at the beginning are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much for taking us through this spectacular country. I have to do drive by photography or through the windscreen photography too, as my husband says if we keep stopping we will never get to where we are going, and I know it makes the day even longer. Enjoy your week, happy travels, stay safe, and thank you for visiting my blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful - love your views. Utah is one never to forget - we went 2 summers in a row. Emille (Jesh)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning scenery. The last photo a bit reminiscent of the pyramids at a distance, but formed by nature's hand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's something I always wanted to do, drive through cowboy country. Sadly I never got around to going but still enjoy the cowboy films. Your two hour journey would have taken me several hours as I would definitely stop to take photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are stunning shots. The blue in the sky is amazing, and the contrast with the mountains is striking. Nice post! Thanks for sharing it at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/11/the-return-of-butterfly.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful reflection and a divine landscape

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic photos. I'd love to take a similar journey some day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning shots,love the first one

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greetings and Salutations! Enjoyed the cyber tour of AZ, NV and Utah. Everywhere is photogenic! I am sorry you missed the four corners.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic vistas and great photography!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's been so many years since I've been in that part of the United States. Of Four Corners, I remember a circle marking out the four states and a lot of vendors selling "Native American Jewelry" (putting in quotes as who knows how much of it was genuine). So it's good you didn't backtrack. If all those landscape photos are drive-by's, you've really mastered that style of photography! Such beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so want to take a road trip to this area. It's wonderful when both the journey and the destination are equally enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great landscape and impressive photos !

    ReplyDelete
  18. amazing photos but I've got to say if any of these are are a result of drive by shooting then I'm gonna hang up my camera strap ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment