NV/AZ/UT Road Trip: Horseshoe Bend State Park

 

It has been a month since the last post and I don't know where time has gone. Somehow there's more and more things to do outside of blogging, can you believe that? Despite the neglect, I do think about this site of mine that's been here since 2016, if memory serves. I still really want to share with blogfriends, I do. Perhaps that will be my "resolution" for this year. To be more active here than I have in the previous, say couple, of years? And let's begin by continuing with the road trip series that seems to keep on going and believe me there is an end to this series. We're almost there.

Last post of this series was about the Upper Antelope Canyon visit. Needless to say that was one heck of an experience, one that won't be forgotten. As a matter of fact, the idea of a revisit often comes to the conversation between me and the husband.

So after that amazing visit to the canyon, we were driving to the hotel when the husband remembered that Horseshoe Bend State Park was nearby. We could easily take a detour and visit it, despite the lateness of the hour. As a matter of fact the time of the day worked in our favor because we felt like we missed the large crowd that come to visit earlier in the day.

When we visited in late May of 2019, there was on-going construction that appeared to widen and add more parking area and look like they were going to build a visitor center. I am not sure anymore because access was very limited to some areas.

It was nearly 5 pm when we arrived. The first thing we noticed was there weren't many tour buses parked there. I remembered seeing about 2 or three and I thought that was okay given the lateness of the hour. There was a short walk up to the overlook (1.5 mi round trip), the path is easily accessible.

2019 05 30_canoneos_0064

IMG_3439

IMG_3440

IMG_3473

2019 05 30_canoneos_0123

2019 05 30_canoneos_9964

2019 05 30_canoneos_0116

2019 05 30_canoneos_0122

I was not prepared to see with my own eyes the beauty at the bottom of the big hole, because from the path it just seemed like a big hole on the ground. But whoa! Even though you've seen it online, it's still going to take your breath away. Some places are simply more awesome in real life than the ones created with the best digital editing techniques available.

IMG_3465

IMG_3461

IMG_3463

2019 05 30_canoneos_0119

IMG_20190530_163159

We were even able to take a selfie without other people in the frame, that's how wonderful the visit was. I guess visiting after peak hours paid off handsomely for us.

Comments

  1. Great photos. I'm glad you were there when there were not that many people. I've heard it can be a real zoo at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely incredible!! I would so like to visit this area someday. Your photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an incredible site ! I like your pictures. This trip and thes pkaces are amazing and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous pictures! So many interesting views.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very popular place apparently. Fantastic vistas and great photography too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings and Salutations! Views are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a trip and such beautiful photography ~ Xo

    Wishing you joy in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This was wonderful! I've seen the horseshoe bend on many Instagram posts but I never saw the full experience of hiking to it and how the surround topography looks. It certainly is amazing and your photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, somehow I knew nothing about this beautiful spot. Adding it to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment