Strasbourg, France: Day 2, part 3
The Ill River cruise is an activity I dreamed about, thus this is another check on my growing bucket list.
My friend and I while waiting on the queue. You can see the previous passengers disembarking in the background.
The captain sells the tickets to the ride. Such a sweet smile.
The boat snaked through the River Ill around the Old Town and we got to see churches, beautiful facades, people along the river watching and photographing the boat, the European Union Parliament and some other government buildings.
We all took window seats instead of sitting together so we could cover both sides of the river.
A cruise was a relaxing way to sightsee when in Strasbourg. However, what was supposed to be an hour’s trip turned out to be nearly 1.5 hours. I was freaking out, definitely worried that we would be holding up the group. I hate to be the reason why people wait.
On the walk back from the river bank to the meeting place, I continued to shoot.
We passed a farmers market and I vetoed a stop here.
We made sure we get to pick up lunch on one of the eateries along the way, since we were all very hungry by this time. We barely made it. The tour guide said that she saw my bright green scarf flailing about as we sprinted the last few yards to the tour bus. And yap, we were the last ones on the bus. When we got inside, group mates asked about our free time and wished they had come along.
My friend and I while waiting on the queue. You can see the previous passengers disembarking in the background.
The captain sells the tickets to the ride. Such a sweet smile.
The boat snaked through the River Ill around the Old Town and we got to see churches, beautiful facades, people along the river watching and photographing the boat, the European Union Parliament and some other government buildings.
We all took window seats instead of sitting together so we could cover both sides of the river.
A cruise was a relaxing way to sightsee when in Strasbourg. However, what was supposed to be an hour’s trip turned out to be nearly 1.5 hours. I was freaking out, definitely worried that we would be holding up the group. I hate to be the reason why people wait.
On the walk back from the river bank to the meeting place, I continued to shoot.
We passed a farmers market and I vetoed a stop here.
We made sure we get to pick up lunch on one of the eateries along the way, since we were all very hungry by this time. We barely made it. The tour guide said that she saw my bright green scarf flailing about as we sprinted the last few yards to the tour bus. And yap, we were the last ones on the bus. When we got inside, group mates asked about our free time and wished they had come along.
Comments
Post a Comment