NV/AZ/UT Road Trip: Arches NP, part 1

Somewhat inconceivable that this day (day 4 of the road trip) keeps on going. We have already been to Canyonlands and Dead Horse SP and still have time - albeit short - to see Arches NP. Serendipitously, all three of these parks are within short distances of each other; hence, we were able to alter our itinerary to accommodate another park, Arches, on this day instead of the next day as previously scheduled.

Something about Arches spoke to my very core. It’s just too beautiful and this comes after visiting Zion, Bryce, and Capitol Reef. You’d think I’d be immune to the spectacular landscape by now. But NO, not at all. My jaw still dropped on the floor and I’m still giddy with excitement like I’m seeing the rock formations for the first time. Well, technically speaking, I was seeing these rock formations in Arches for the very first time in my life, but you know what I mean.

Since we entered the park mid afternoon, we thought we’d drive through Arches Scenic Drive and stop at viewpoints and do some short hikes. Eventually, should time allow, we would like to see the star of the park Delicate Arch up close. However, that did not happen due to both time constraints and fatigue on my part. Instead we settled for a view from two different viewpoints, hoping that someday we would return to this park and devote more time to do the hike up to Delicate Arch.

This post about Arches will be broken down into segments as you probably guessed I had way too many photos from this park. I hope you enjoy these incredible sights as I still do when I look at these photos.

2019 05 28_canoneos_0458

IMG_3012

IMG_3027 (1)

.IMG_20190528_143551

IMG_20190528_143623 (1) Courthouse Towers

IMG_20190528_143845

IMG_3035

Balanced rock

Balanced Rock

2019 05 28_canoneos_0382

2019 05 28_canoneos_0427

2019 05 28_canoneos_0455

2019 05 28_canoneos_0451

2019 05 28_canoneos_0448

2019 05 28_canoneos_0424 These are views from the Aches Scenic Drive.

To be continued................

Comments

  1. Super Fantastic Vistas!! Thank you very much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos. I've always the sheer rock walls in the area. They are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning. And those skies!! I don't think you can ever become immune to this kind of beauty. If anything, the more you see, the more you appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those rock formations are gorgeous and amazing
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings and Salutations! Spectacular scenery. The balanced rock is amazing! I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome sky shots and great perspective ~ Xo

    Living in the moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too! Just cannot get enough of rock formations. I'm yet to see Arches National Park. Soon, I hope. :)
    Amazing pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment