Sunsets of 2022

It is the time of the year again where we, bloggers, write the year-end post; sort of a recap of how the year went. Historically, I would generate a post about my travels of the year, but not this year. I thought I'd shake it up a little and not because I did very few traveling, but also because I thought I captured some of the best sunsets just doing day-to-day activities. Furthermore, I think this would be the first (I may be wrong) time I'm doing something like this in all the years that I was an active participant of SKYWATCH.

January 13

Jan 13 2022

I couldn't help myself snapping this one at the parking lot of a Walmart.

January 16

1 16 22

Driving along I-80 to visit a friend, see next photo.

Jan 16 2022

From my friend's hillside home/deck. From her house (by the golf course) a panoramic view of the Bay, including the Golden Gate Bridge and if I'm not mistaken that is Angel Island right by the bridge. At night, this view is replaced by twinkling lights, like looking at a sea of jewels.

January 18

Jan 18 2022

Just came home from work, standing in my drive way.

Few months later.....

July 4

Jul 4 2022

Been living in this town for 13 years and just discovered last year that you can climb the hill behind our houses (which can be accessed a block away) for a great view of the fireworks. In fact we were able to see fireworks from different cities.

I have been open about my weight loss program here which I started in January. Sometime in May, I decided to add walking (reaching my steps goal daily) to my food portion control program to speed up weight loss. It was during my walks that I witnessed these marvelous sunsets. As a matter of fact, it was the anticipation of seeing the sunset that spurred me to keep on walking. I wanted to see how the sunsets differ from day to day. But I was not always able to walk same time every day.

Sept 5

Sep 5 2022

This is across the hill, one block from my house.

Sept 6

Sep 6 2022

Sep 11

Sep 11 2022

One evening I saw deer coming down the hills to the open space across the road. And today, I spotted them grazing. Us people really do intrude in animals habitat.

Sep 12

Sep 12 2022

Grocery run, Safeway parking lot.

Sep 18

9 18 22

Sep 28

Sep 28 2022

Regular walking route with views of Carquinez Strait.

9 28 22

Oct 6

Oct 6 2022

Oct 18

Oct 18 2022

Oct 19

10 19 22

Oct 19 2022

Oct 29

Oct 29 2022

Driving along I-80.

Nov 12

Nov 12 2022

Driving along Hwy 4

Nov 26

Walking along the Bay Trail in Richmond, one of the popular walking spots for both four- and two-legged varieties.

Nov 26 2022

Hazy view of San Fran in the distance.

Nov 26 2022 (5)

Nov 26 2022 (4)

Nov 26 2022 (3)

Nov 26 2022 (2)

Here's wishing all of us a very Happy and Properous New Year, filled with many joyful moments and exciting adventures. Thank you all for the continued support to my little corner here, even though my posts have been less than regular this year. More power to all of us.

Comments

  1. Wow, you had some amazing sunsets, lots of color and depth. I love how you are not afraid to have power lines and such in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sky photos, great atmosphere
    Health and happiness in the new year
    My sky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciating all the sunset photos you shared! Happy New Year! ~ Ms. Donyarific

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful recap. You live in a gorgeous area. Have a very Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice LowLight Photography and great skies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...the only thing that beats a colorful sunset is a colorful sunrise! In 2023 enjoy as many as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful captures to wind up 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing photos, Best wishes for 2023

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love each and every sunset shots. Wishing you and yours Happy New Year 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous sunsets and great photo series ~ Xo

    Wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year ~
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your beautiful vision and skill that you share with us all year long. I am sincerely wishing you a peaceful, happy and magical year ahead as the world finds its way back to good and to a new normal. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is wonderful that you walk and take pictures of the sunsets. Nice job! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great selection of sunsets. In Florida I was out early for sunrises, but in Connecticut we have glorious sunsets. Like yours, no two are ever alike and the camera cannot duplicate the depth and variety of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These sunsets are mesmerizingly beautiful…where I lived I cannot see a rise or set for the trees and mountains. That makes these photos are the sweeter! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are some real beauties. And I was thrilled to recognize some of the views. I may be in Oregon now, but I grew up in Lafayette, my father worked in S.F. and, prior to 2011, I spent most of my adult life in Concord.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment